Header Image

Header Image
White Shark off the coast of South Africa

Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Letter To You




   Dear Readers,

     First, let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to view my blog. For those of you who don't know, my name is Heather. I am an independent researcher and an avid shark enthusiast. Like most people, I am a loyal Shark Week viewer, but in the last few years I have decided to take the jump from simply watching White sharks on the screen to learning about them in the wild. I am a huge fan of photographer and White shark pioneer, Chris Fallows. His work has inspired me to take a proactive approach when it comes to the protection, and public understanding, of these animals.

     The purpose of this blog is to not only document findings from researchers like myself in the field, but also to provide personal insight on these beautiful creatures. I hope to gain and share knowledge on the behavior, mating and migration patterns, and eating habits of the White sharks off the East Coast of the U.S. I will also share any information I gain on other species of shark. I realize that I cannot change every individual's perception of these animals, and that there will always be stereotypes, but maybe by providing as much information as possible I can save a few shark lives--and maybe even change a few minds in the process.

     Again, thank you for viewing my blog. Stay tuned for daily news and updates on The Great White Watch.

  Sincerely,

  Heather Williams


    

No comments:

Post a Comment